Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas for Me

By Samuel Ng

This is my first Christmas stay at Canada. When I was child, I wanted to have a snowy Christmas. Now my wish can come true. I can see snow all around and I can make a snowman. I tried to make a snowman, but the snow is very dry. So I can’t make a snowman. Perhaps I need to ask someone for advice.

My host family has decorated the house. First, they use a string of colorful lights around the house. outside the house there is an inflatable Santa and deer. When you enter the house, you will see the stockings hung on the walls.

Second, in the living room, there is a big fake Christmas tree. The tree is taller than me and is approximately one meter wide. The top of tree has an angel. There is a colored ribbon and a string of lights around the tree and many different decorations on the tree.

There is a special decoration. There are three baby photos on the decoration. The photos are my host family children when they were babies. Each decoration has its story. For instance, there are two decorations that come from my host family grandfather and grandmother. And six Peter Pan toys on the tree. But I forget why there are only six toys on the tree. Anyway, the tree is full of decorations, and it is an important memory for my host family.

Finally, in the house, there isn’t only one Christmas tree. When you go down to the basement, you can see a Christmas village and another Christmas tree. This is a small one and on the top of the tree is a star. It is different style from the big one.

I am so happy, I can have Christmas ambience this year. And I will try to make a snowman again.

4 comments:

  1. Samuel,
    I hope this Christmas is everything you hoped it would be! It's a wonderful time of the year.

    Thanks for sharing these photos and your story with us.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year also is my first time stay here.So,I'm exciting too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Samuel!!
    I also wanted to see a white Christmas, but my dream came true this year!^^ I really happy^^
    My house isn't decorated with Christmas stuff. cause my host family are only man!! haha
    But if I wanna feel Christmas mood...I'll go to your house~^^

    Thank you for sharing your story^^

    ReplyDelete