Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Chief Events of November 2008

By Yuji

There were lots of events in November and all of them became unforgettable recollections. At the beginning of November, I had a valuable experience at the Halloween Party. Most of the ESL students went to the party and they disguised themselves admirably in Halloween costumes. At the party, we had a good dinner with alcoholic drinks and danced with rhythmical music. The party also had some pleasant events.

Next, I went to New York City with my friends. My friend Yusuke already wrote about NYC so I’m going to write about it briefly. I had a lot of worries about the trip and especially I was worried about the connecting flight. Unexpectedly, we could catch it easily and also we could receive an entry visa at the Vancouver Airport. Most of the time I spent in Manhattan and hung around each day. Of course, I visited almost all places that are famous in Manhattan. At the World Trade Center, I experienced an indescribable atmosphere. When I went there, I realized the misery of the unforgettable event. I felt there were a lot of funny, strange, and kind people in Manhattan. Anyway, I had a wonderful time in NYC and I got home all right so this trip was really fabulous.

In addition, I played curling with ESL students and it was the first time to play the sport. I knew the sport but I didn’t know how fun the sport is. Actually curling is a very interesting sport and I realized that when I was playing curling. It looks easy when I watch curling on TV, but I understood the difficulty when I played it. This experience also became my good memory.

After that, from 6 or 6:30 p.m., there was a Christmas Parade on 100 street. I arrived there 10 minutes before the beginning of the party. But many people were already waiting for the parade and I was astonished at the number of people. The parade in itself was marvelous and everyone looked happy. People in the parade devised a lot of gorgeous things on the floats. I simultaneously thought the candy sales were unimaginable.

Thus there were lots of wonderful events in November, so I absolutely had a marvelous time. I really appreciate these events and all concerned.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your November adventures with us, Yuji. Your picture of Times Square is a very famous view; in fact, there is a picture just like it in the C class Listening and Speaking book! I recognized it right away!

    I'm glad you enjoyed the Halloween party, the Santa Claus parade, and the day of curling. It's been an exciting month.

    ReplyDelete