Thursday, December 4, 2008

Celebration of Christmas in Ethiopia

By Ayelech

Christmas is celebrated on a different day and month in Ethiopia. Christmas celebration in Ethiopia is on January 7 every year because Ethiopia has a different calendar. On this day in the morning, everybody went to church to pray.

We have a game called ganna. It looks like a hockey game but it is a little different. This is a game only men play. We play it only for Christmas.

After this, everybody goes back home and calls friends, family, and homeless people to eat together and give gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ayelech!!!
    I'm very interested in your culture! Because, your culture and my culture have a lot of differences.
    I was surprised that you have the game which only men can play. And you invite the homeless people to the supper. That's very interested for me!!

    Thank you for sharing your culture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.
    I was very surprised your culture's X'mas. I did not know that.
    I am happy to hear your culture!

    ReplyDelete