Monday, September 26, 2011

Smartphones - A Great Trend

By Iliana Londoño Mora

Smartphones are one of the bit hits at the last years. It is a good trend for people like me that are from another country and have responsibilities to deal with in our countries. I still have a business in Colombia. I can manage everything by my phone (check my bank account, pay salaries to my workers, buy material online and even pay through it).

My son is not ready to move to Canada. He decided to study in Colombia. He has one of the same kind of cellular that I have. It is easier for us to keep in touch because we can chat by messenger without any cost. I can find out anything by the Internet with my smartphone. It is amazing how much influence this trend has in my life. Even with my peer, Soraida, the smartphone contributes to share a lot of stuff like photos, comments, etc. It is the best way to express to my family, my close friends, how they are with me even if they are far away.

I spent quality time with my son when he needs an advice about a gift in birthdays or some special days for his grandma, girlfriend, friends, etc. Sometimes he doesn’t know what kind of gift to buy and he gave me choices. He took photos of the gifts and then I helped him to choose the right one. We have spread out because I moved to Canada and he’s still in Colombia, but thanks to the smartphones we are connected all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment