Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We Visited Doig River First Nation

By Young Dae Jang

Yesterday, we visited the Doig Rive rFirst Nation. We learned about First Nation culture. It was very interesting. First of all, we watched stage 2 [of preparing a moose hide], scraping because many elementary students came there. So my group started to watch stage 2. The stage 2 scraping showed us how to remove the moose hair. Scraping does take time and patience of a day.

Second, we watched Stage 3, Grease and Brain. Stage 4, Soaking and Wringing, Stage 5, Flouring and Tanning/smoking. It was very marvelous.

After we watched, we ate a hotdog and bannock. Especially, I like bannock. I ate bannock with jam and butter. It had a very good taste.

Third, we crowded in the middle of the centre where a First Nation explained about First Nation history. We could listen to First Nation culture, but I couldn't understand all things. I just understood 10%.

Finally, the First Nations were singing and dancing with a steady rhythm. The dancing was turning round and round by a fire.

I really enjoyed that time. I took a lot of pictures. When I go back to Korea, I will explain about and show my family First Nation culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment