Monday, June 13, 2011

My Trip: Calgary, Banff, and Jasper

By Mayu Matsubara

I went to Calgary, Banff, and Jasper with Jaisung, Austin, Tetsu, Rina, Chiharu, Miho, and Arisa. We left Fort St. John and June 4th in the morning. Jaisung picked us up by a rental car. Only he can drive a car, so he drove a car from Fort St. John to Calgary. It took 12 hours by a car to Calgary. It was so long a time. He was tired.

We arrived there at 9 p.m. After that, we went to the Mexican restaurant and at supper. After we ate supper, we came back to a hotel.

On the second day, we visited the Calgary Zoo. There were a lot of animals and several world area zones. We watched many animals. I took pictures. This zoo was very big, so we couldn’t see all the animals. But, it was so fun.

Next, we went to downtown Calgary. There were many buildings and shopping malls. It looked more like a city than Edmonton. After shopping, we went to a Korean restaurant. We order a course, “all you can eat.” Jaisung grilled a Korean BBQ for us. He was a gentleman. I ate too much. My stomach was full like a pregnant woman, but it was delicious.

On the third day, we went to a big shopping mall. There were about 200 stores and my favorite stories. I grew tense! I bought clothes, shoes, accessories, and so on, so I spent a lot of money but I was satisfied with shopping! This night supper was Japanese food. We ordered a course again which was “all you can eat.” We ordered too much, so we couldn’t eat all.

On the fourth day, we went downtown again. It looked like Europe where we went to the downtown area. There were many fashionable buildings. In addition, we went to a Calgary tour. We went on a tour up to the top of a building. We could watch all Calgary town. It was so amazing all belief. My step fitted with glass. Jaisung and Austin were afraid of it. I tried to stand on a place fitted with glass, but they tried to stand there.

After that, we left Calgary for Banff. When we arrive in Banff, it was raining and cloudy, so the view was not so good.

On the fifth day, we left Banff for Jasper. I visited two famous places on the way. I forgot the two famous places’ names, but they were so beautiful places. At Jasper, we went to the hot spring. It was comfortable and the water was very warm. I was able to make a lot of good memories with them. I enjoyed it and I love them! I’m happy that I was able to go to travel. Thank you for driving, Jaisung. I’ll never forget this travel.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories from your trip, Mayu. That was an amazing time for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love Canada, great weather, lots of attractions, beautiful scenery, high level of diversity, rich history. New Zealand offers a number of temporary and permanent migration options for those looking to live and work in New Zealand. And an environment that allows you to be what you want to be and the city of Calgary is my hometown : )

    ReplyDelete