Monday, June 27, 2011

My Canadian Life in Fort St. John

By Rina Takamatsu

When I arrive in Fort St. John, I was excited. This study abroad is my first visit to a foreign country. I was really looking forward to the day in Japan. Then, I met my host family. They are so kind to me. First Dad showed me the Peace River. I was surprised. It is very beautiful, but I couldn’t say anything. because I didn’t know how to say my feeling.
When I cam to school the first time, I was nervous. There were Chinese, Korean, and Colombian students in my classroom, so I couldn’t speak Japanese, and I thought, “I want to talk to them, and I want to be friends with them.” But my English is not enough, and I was ashamed about my English skill, so I didn’t talk in the beginning. But they invited me to a lot of places. I went to Mastaro Sushi, Boston, Pizza, Mr. Mikes, a pub, Sushi Heaven, Mama Panda and so on. Generally, after school, we went to Tim Hortons, Starbucks, DQ, and we talked about many things. I was good memories for me.

Also, my school has good teachers. I couldn’t understand in the beginning, but now, I can almost understand their English because of them. Pamela is very funny. If I don’t know the word, she expresses the picture of uses body language. There are explicit instructions. Michael is also a good teacher. He was always kidding, and he is humorous, so his class is so funny. But he is sometimes strict for me. If I can’t understand the meaning, he seriously taught me. Anyway, my teachers are great. I could know a lot of useful English.

In the Easter vacation, I could do a good experience. The first day, I went to Taylor, and I played ice-skate with my friends. The second day, my friends and host family’s friends came to my house for supper. There was a delicious meal. The third day, I rode a horse in my Dad’s uncle’s house for the first time. These were nice days!

I went camping from May 19 to May 22 with Miho’s host family. We went to Liard. Liard is 12 hours from Fort St. John by car. It was so far, but so beautiful view. I felt nature there. We stayed in the countryside, and it was exciting for me because there were a lot of first experiences. We went to the hot spring. Also, we saw bears, moose, buffalo, and a lot of animals. I thought, “This is a zoo.” I really envy this country. This country still has a rich natural environment. My country has a natural environment, but not so much, so I could see such a lot of nature the first time beause of Miho’s host family. I appreciate them.

Also, I went to Calgary, Banff, and Jasper with my friends from June 4 to June 9. It was awesome! They are my good friends. I won’t forget the trip memories.

My house is the best place. I really like my host family. When I have trouble, they help me. Mom always cooks for me. It’s very delicious meal, and Dad always makes me happy. They always care about me, so when I stay in my home, it is the most comfortable. Also, they have a lot of friends, so I could meet many Canadians and I could talk to them. Probably, my English grew because of them. Also, they take me to Egan’s pub on every Monday. I think they’re really my Dad and Mom. I’m their daughter. I’m glad to meet them.

My Canadian life is perfect. I could meet many people, and I got good friends, great teachers, and a wonderful family. I will boast about my Canadian life when I go back to Japan. They must envy me because I had a good time in Canada. Super than you so much, Canada. I hope I could come back here!

No comments:

Post a Comment