Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Book Review – Rain Man

By Yuri Kubota

I read a book called Rain Man by Leonore Fleischer. I think you might have seen this movie before since it’s popular.


The main character is Charlie. He is 26 years old and his father dies one day. His father is rich so Charlie is supposed to get his money and house. But their relationship isn’t very good so his father doesn’t leave him any money. According to his will, the money goes to a man whom Charlie has never met before. Charlie doesn’t understand this situation so he decides to fight against this to get the money back.

One day, Charlie meets the man. His name is Raymond. Actually, Raymond is Charlie’s big brother who left home 20 years before. Raymond is not like other people. He panics when something changes around him, so he eats the same thing every day, does the same thing every day. First, Charlie thinks when he gets back the money, he can leave him. However, he comes to love him as a brother and understands him day by day. Charlie learns how to love someone.

I like this book because I can feel the importance of family love. In this story, Charlie learns how to love somebody from his brother. Before, I thought I’m the oldest sister in my family, so I’d never learn anything from my sisters because they are very young. But now I changed my mind. Your age doesn’t matter. Family is important for me and they make me what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment