Friday, December 16, 2011

Three Types of Athletes

By Shu Murakami

There are a lot of athletes in the world. Many people like playing some sports. Actually, I was an athlete four years ago. When I was a high school student, I belonged to a baseball club. I had a goal that I will be a professional baseball player. The dream didn’t come true. I think that I have no talent and my practice wasn’t enough. If I practiced harder, probably, I might become a professional baseball player. Then I can divide athletes into three types: people who have talent, people who have no talent, and people who just like playing sports as a hobby.

First of all, the one type of athlete is people who have talent. I think that the people who have talent have an advantage to play sports.
Moreover, they can be willing to make a very hard effort. They can succeed in playing sports and being professional athletes. The other type of people who have talent is that they don’t like making an effort even if they have talent. They may admire themselves. I think that it is too bad. They lose their game finally. They waste their talent.

Next, the second type of athlete is people who don’t have talent. These are ordinary persons. So can’t they be professional athletes? Of course not, but they have to practice harder than they think. They have to be strict with themselves. If they want to be professional athletes, it is the best and only way. The other type of people who don’t have talent is that they don’t like practicing hard at all. Of course, these people never get their goal. They may think that they practice harder than others. They fool themselves.

Finally, the third type of athlete is people who just like playing sports as a hobby. These people just want to enjoy playing sports even if they have talent or not. Perhaps they don’t have a goal, and they may not think that they even want to win their game. I think that it is the best way to enjoy playing sports. They don’t have to be strict with themselves and practice hard. They just enjoy playing sports.

These are three types of athletes. A few people can be professional athletes. If you want to be a professional athlete, you have to practice harder than you think. I think that it is the most important to enjoy playing sports even if you don’t have talent. Even if you give up being a professional athlete, you should enjoy playing sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment