Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Skiing at Worsley, Alberta

By Mayu Takenaka

I went skiing last weekend. I had a wonderful time with my mom and my host brother. This day was the opening day of the hill. I thought many people would come there, but there were a few people. It was not busy, so we could go down many times.


The last time I went skiing, I was 14 years old. It was 8 years ago, so I worried about if I could go down without falling down. First, I borrowed the ski equipment, but I didn’t have the ski poles. I tensed taking the ski lift. I went down an easy course. The name was easy, but I didn’t think so. I fell down in the snow. However, I tried that a few times. I could go down the easy course easily. Next, I tried to go down the middle hard course. There were some big hills. I guessed I couldn’t go down there without the ski poles. Actually, I couldn’t go down easily. I fell down very hard. I flew over the snow. My body was sore. I was afraid of falling down, but actually I wanted to try again, so I tried to go down a few times. Fortunately, I didn’t fall down.

It was exciting for me, but also break times were exciting for me. We took a rest a few times, then we often ate something. There was a cafeteria. There was some delicious food in this cafeteria. I ate a hotdog, a soup, and a cinnamon roll. This cinnamon roll was so yummy. Therefore, we took out five cinnamon rolls. Eating time was my lovely time.

I could enjoy myself very well. I got one of the memories of my life in Canada.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this story, Mayu. I have been to Worsley, and I agree with you about the cinnamon buns! They are out of this world! I'm glad you had a great day with your host family.

    ReplyDelete