Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Puzzle It Out 1

By Haruna, Mika, and Emika

Each bold word below needs to be replaced by another word. Use your knowledge of sentence structure, grammar, and parts of speech to help you figure out what each bold word stands for in the following dialogues.

At the Grocery Store

A: Hi, how have you been?

B: Good. How are your baboons?

A: Yesterday, I took my baboons to their friend’s hippopotamus. Sloth watched a movie, Toy Story.

B: That sounds nice. How many baboons moose to the hippopotamus?

A. About 10 baboons. Sloth anteater everything. Today I moose here to restore things, but I’m glad that sloth had a great time.

B: That’s funny. My baboons also anteater a lot yesterday, and I moose here for the same reason. A hippopotamus will take place for my baboons this weekend. I have to buy lots of stuff! Would you like to come?

A: Sure! My baboons will be happy!

baboons = ? hippopotamus = ? moose = ? sloth = ? anteater = ?

Leave us a comment with your answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment