Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Book Review - Teacher Man

By Mika Hirano

I read the book called Teacher Man. The author is Frank McCourt. He wrote his life as a teacher in this book. This is written his life, so this is a non-fiction book.


Frank McCourt worked as a teacher for 30 years. It wasn’t easy to teach English literature to his students. They had no interest in learning. Many of them are almost impossible to teach, with terrible problems at home and in school, but he was faced with his students, like Kevin, who nobody wanted to teach, and Serena, who causes many problems, but, in the end, almost makes him cry with happiness. He also had lots of problems with the students’ parents and principals.

This is the true story of one man’s surprising, upsetting but sometimes very funny experiences in the classroom.

I really recommend this book. This is a Level 4 book, so it has 70 pages, no pictures and anyway, this maybe looks hard to read, but this story is really interesting. I was excited. This makes me excited, feel good, happy, upset, and I cried a little bit. When I find this book, I’ll buy this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment