Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Family

By Tanja Stoll

My family is just three people. My husband Marco, our son, Niclas, and myself. I don’t count other relatives to the family since they are not really a part of our life. So, it’s just the three of us.


I’m very proud of our little family. We love each other, help each other and treat each other with respect. To spend time together and have fun is very important to us and we try to do this as much as possible. Sometimes the busy life we all have makes it difficult, though.

My husband, Marco works a lot. He is a tool-and-die maker and a CNC-machinist as well. He really likes his work and is always looking for a new challenge. Every possible training he can get is welcome. I really admire him for that.

Niclas, our eight-year-old son is thankfully a good student, but he has often trouble in school because he is very busy and “bouncy.” That makes it hard for him to focus on his work and stay on task. Especially in the cold winter months, when he can’t get rid of his energy outside this much. Niclas attends some sport activities like gymnnastics, swimming and horsebackriding, but sometimes it is just not enough.


I am a horsetrainer by trade, but never really successful. I like horses too much to make a lot of money out of them. And in a horse-friendly country like Canada, my skills are not really needed. Almost every child out in the country knows all about horses at about age 12. I think that is great!

Now, after more than eight years being a “stay-at-home-mum” I want to do something for myself and challenge myself a bit more than think about what’s for supper.

That’s why I choose to go back to school and I’m thankful for the support I have from my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment