Monday, February 7, 2011

A Chance

By Janice Chan

If I have a chance that I could choose any time to live, I will choose the present. There are three reasons.

In the ancient time, the social status of women is low. There are many things that women cannot do. There are a lot of rules to control women. We cannot live without men. If your husband treated you badly, you could not fight for your human rights. We could not follow our thoughts. We did not have freedom and we could do nothing. We lived without our own dreams. It was more horrible than death.

The future is something that we cannot know. I think we cannot live in the future because we are the ones who build up the future. Humans must live in the moment.

The major reason is that I am very satisfied with my life. I love my family and friends. I cannot live without them and they cannot live without me. I love today’s world although there are still some problems. I am very thankful for the place where I live. It is time for me to do something for the world. I must live in the present and build our future---a peaceful, friendly world.

No comments:

Post a Comment