Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vancouver

By Mami Yoshida

Vancouver is a very nice place, but I was surprised by many things.

First of all, we needed to catch the Sky Train. We bought the tickets, and got off at the nearest hotel. We took the tickets out of our pocket. We thought we must go through the ticket gate, but we didn’t use the tickets. We were surprised because we didn’t need the tickets!

Second, we arrived at the Ramada Hotel and checked into the hotel. The desk clerk said, “You booked two people, but you’re five people, so you must give me $45 per person and each day. OK?” We just nodded our heads. I didn’t know why we booked just two people! We took a lot of time to enter the room. I leave out writing about between what the clerk said and when we entered the room because I need to have a lot of time.

In addition, the next day, we had to find the Big Bus stop, but we didn’t know where the bus stop was. So we asked many people, but everybody said different things. We must have walked a lot of time in the beating sun. I was very tired.

Next, we went shopping on Robson Street and in Gastown. There were many shops. I bought clothes and souvenirs for my friends. I bought maple syrup and maple tea, cookies, coffees, etc., a lot of maple things. Moreover, there are many Japanese people and Japanese restaurants, so I heard a lot of Japanese. In addition, I saw many, many Seven-Elevens (convenient!)—long time, no see! Japan has many Seven Elevens, too; in fact, there are many Seven Elevens around my house.

We had a lot happening, but I enjoyed Vancouver. I could see beautiful beaches, parks, and towns, and I could go shopping. If I can go to Vancouver again, I want to stay more than one week.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as if you had a great time with your friends! I hope you have many great memories from your trip to Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete