Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Trip to Clearwater

By Arisa Shimamoto

I went to Clearwater from last Thursday to Monday. Clearwater is between Fort St. John and Vancouver. It takes 12 hours by car. I went there with my host father, hostmother, Mayu and Chi. Two sisters of my hostmother live there. So we stayed at her house for three days.

The first day, we left at 7 o’clock a.m. On the way, I saw a lot of things. I saw the Peace River for the first time. It was bigger than I though. I also saw many cows, wild deer, and so on. It was the longest drive I had ever been on, so I was a little tired, but Clearwater has a lot of nature. It was very comfortable for me, and my host mother’s two sisters resembled my host mother very much.

The second day, we were taken to see a river, sheep, and a waterfall. Of those, the vest view was the waterfall. It was very big. The water below froze. So it may be the most beautiful view I had ever seen. At night, one of the hostmother’s sisters sang some songs with playing a guitar. It was a very exciting day.

The third day, we had a great lunch because of Easter. My hostmother grilled the chicken whole. It was very delicious. In the afternoon, we watched some DVDs and took a walk. At night, we talked about Japan, and we taught a few Japanese words. Everyone laughed all the time.

The fourth day, in the morning, my hostmother and father hid the chocolate. We looked for that. My hostmother gave a hint, so I can find it very fast. That chocolate was big and in the shape of an elephant. It was very cute. I thought Easter is a delightful event.

The last day, we came back home. When we left, my hostmother’s sister cried. So I couldn’t help feeling like crying too.
In these five days, I took many pictures, about more than a hundred. I had a very good time and a lot of memories. I want to appreciate my hostfather and mother and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment