Friday, November 14, 2008

No New York, No Life

By Yusuke Tani

I went to New York City, and then I met my friend there after a long time. First of all, I saw the Metropolitan Museum which was terribly huge. I couldn’t see everything. If you saw everything, it would take the whole day. Next, I hung around Times Square. There were a lot of remarkable buildings. I had smoked beef steaks. They were quite expensive, but the other guys had a lot of money. It meant they could pay easily. I also didn’t mind paying there. At the end of the day, I went to the Empire State Building to see night views. Manhattan has so much attractive scenery. There were beautiful scenic night views.

Next day, I went to Ground Zero. I thought it was similar to the Hiroshima Bomb Dome. The World Trade Center (WTC) had been there, which was the tallest building in New York. I couldn’t find Ground Zero, so I heard of it from a Japanese lady near the subway station. There was already the new foundation of buildings. It took seven years after September 2001. Manhattan is the center of the money market, so it has many Japanese people. Sad to say, the WTC also had many Japanese people, and there were many Japanese victims. I received facts directly. It made me sad, but I thought we shouldn’t forget the facts. Next, I went to the Statue of Liberty, and I was excited there. I appreciated France because it gave the statue to the US on the 100th anniversary American independence. I had Korean food in midtown, and then I hung around there. I had a good time.

The third day, I went shopping at the outlet mall. There were 220 stores. I bought clothes, a watch, and something for US$300 or so. I made good use of a day.

On the final day, I had a steak at a fancy restaurant on Wall Street that was very expensive because Wall Street has lots of headquarters of financial companies. The dish tasted very good though, and then I went to 5th Avenue.

This trip was so good.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Yusuke,
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Lucky you to have a trip like this in the middle of the semester. By the way, I'm using your night scene photo as the wallpaper on my office computer. I hope you don't mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..thanks Yusuke for let us know how fun we can have there. I liked the way you summarized the whole trip giving enough information of what was interesting and worth to see.
    I hope one day I could go and visit those places; however, Im sure the first place I'll be looking for will be Juan Valdez Café... hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Pamela
    Thank you for giving the time to explain my trip. I appreciated to you. You can attach New York's photo to your PC!
    It's free and doesn't have rights! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Vivi
    Oh! I mean it's so thankful to read my article. Thank you, Vivi!
    Oh! Is Juan Valdez Café famous cafe? Oh! It's nice to you! I want to go there!
    Please teach me if you get the information of Juan Valdez Café...Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also want to visit NY!!
    You are so lucky!
    Thank you for sharing your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's awesome!!
    I want to go too,but I don't have US visa.I decide to get a US visa next year.So,maybe I can go next year. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erina&Rain
    Hi, guys! You guys can go there, actually NY doesn't have amusements so much though.
    Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete