Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My First Halloween

By Yuko Fukuyama

This year, I experienced my first Halloween. As soon as Halloween was drawing near, almost all the houses began to be decorated. My host family was decorating with stuff outside and inside of the house, too, so I was looking forward to Halloween.

The day before Halloween, I made a carved pumpkin with my host kids. Though I am older, I was carving earnestly like the kids. On the very day of Halloween, I gave treats for children who visit my house. Children wore such cute, scary, and funny costumes, but everyone looked so pretty to me. At first, I was worried if my house was "tricked" by kids, but it didn't happen.

I envied children, because they can get a lot of treats!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Yuko!
    You had a good experiance at Halloween!!
    I know, we don't have such a event in Japan. So you must enjoy eh?^^
    I also gave some candys to children!
    Thank you for sharing your experience for us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete