Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Doig River First Nation

By Chikako Hirashima

I went to Doig River First Nation Doig River Reserve yesterday, and I experienced various things. First of all, I saw the hide preparation. Fleshing work seems like hard and steady work. The hide is very soft which workers finished all process. Then, I made like a bun [bannock], and I ate it. It was very delicious. Next, I saw a bear’s stuffed specimen and a fox’s stuffed specimen, but I couldn’t touch and see very well because I was scared of them. Finally, I saw a traditional dance. I thought elementary school students enjoyed it, and what kind of hides are musical instruments made from? I was happy because a girl greeted me, and she hugged me again who hugged me when I went to Upper Pine Elementary School. It was cold because it was raining, but I experienced things that people generally can’t, so these experiences are my treasures. These are my experiences at Doig River First Nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment