Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Father

By Jaisung Yoon

I think my father is a person who has had a significant influence on me. Even though I can’t remember when I have grasped his hand or hugged him, I can feel he always takes care of me. He is a typical Korean father, like strict, gruff, and unfriendly to his children. So sometimes I was envious of the kind fathers. However, with growing older, I have been able to realize that he gives me many kinds of love.

You can’t believe how much trust he gives me. I am sure I am still not such a good son. Especially before I came to Canada, I just enjoyed drinking or playing with my friends everyday. No dream, no study, and no future. I thought if I have fun today, it is okay, that is it. Whenever I did something like that, his face did not show any sign of disappointment. One day, before I came here, I got a chance to talk with him. It was uncomfortable because I was unused to talking with him especially about my future. At that time, he said, “I don’t know if you are on hte right way now. But I trust you will be there someday.” I was impressed by what he said and that was what made me change to be different.

My father is a seriously busy enterpriser and sometimes he seems to think about something the whole day. In fact I didn’t understand why he is serious all the time. With advancing years, I would be able to understand about why he does that because he feels his responsibility for his business and family. Thus he tries to think about everything deeply and wisely and his thinking is enough to affect my life. Now I know to think and consider carefully is important. I make my effort to follow my father’s good behaviors.

If somebody asks me, “Who is a person who has had a significant influence on you?“ I do not hesitate to answer, “My father.” Until I die, I will remember that he has given me many good lessons. I hope I will be a father like him and give my children good lessons.

1 comment:

  1. A little bit of trust goes a long way. Great story and insight!

    ReplyDelete