Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The First Snow

By Brian Wu

When I see the first snowing every year, it reminds me of my first lover. In 2002, I met her. My friend introduced me. We went together for eight months. That time was so happy for me.

That winter I had to go to the army. It is a duty; no Korean man can avoid that. Almost all couples break up because of many reasons. Many girls between 21 and 23 cannot meet boys of the same age friends and boyfriends because the boys must go to the army. So, many girls feel so lonely and find another boyfriend.

I did not believe that but I prepared that we would possibly break up. I made an appointment that if we were breaking up, we would meet at her university
bench when it was snowing.

Finally, we broke up in the summer of 2003 but I could not do anything for her.
When the first snow came, I could not go there. It is a common appointment for couples, but sometimes the first snow reminds me of that time.

1 comment: