Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Book Review - Le Papillon des Etoiles

By Hae Sung Park

The best book I ever read was Le Papillon Des Etoiles. The author is Bernard Werber who is a famous French writer of science fiction. I like his writing style. I connect the end of the story with the Bible, because not only do the main characters have the same names as in the Bible, but also the result has a similar situation.

I love that the author has an original mind. I thought, “How can he make a story like that?” When I read the book I can think of our future. We can really make a garden in an airtight place and when earth is destroyed, we can go somewhere. I think these things are in the near future.

In the story, Elizabeth Mallory was a world yacht champion navigator but she cannot do the navigation anymore because of an accident. The accident driver is Eve Kramer who is an executive officer of aerospace. This accident changed him. He quit his job and studied his father`s project. Meanwhile, he met a rich man who is Gabriel Meg Namara. He assisted Eve materially. They found two people who help them. One person was Elizabeth, Eve’s secretary. He asked her if she can work spacecraft. Finally she attended to the project. They got some problems while this project was finished. Nevertheless, they left to space. Contrary to the beginning, just three people survived. But two people can go to earth. One of these people was killed by a snake. The other one reproduced to make another person.

2 comments:

  1. I can't seem to find a copy of this book in English anywhere, any ideas of where I might be able to find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I checked out Bernard Werber's web site and see that several of his books have been translated into English; however, I didn't see this one listed. I've written to him to see if it's in the works. I'll post a comment here if I get an answer from him!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete