Friday, June 1, 2012

Job Options

By Lin Lin

In a life, we rarely go through into the junction, and it is really hard to choose which way we have to go. After two years of contract work, the other intersection will come to me. It is to change my job. Since I arrived in Canada, I was non-stop to search job information for my future career. After two years of collecting, I got a few options: nurse assistant, medic job in the oil patch, and administrative assistant.

Firstly, a job is located in a health centre. To be a nurse assistant is related with my last two jobs. I had studied nursing assistant for a year and worked in a nursing home for one and a half years. This background will give me a choice to apply for the job in the health Centre. I like looking after people. For every time when I saw patients smile to me, I felt so happy and proud of myself. On the other hand, in the two where I live now, a new hospital was built. They request more staff. I qualify for the job, so I want to get it.

The second option is to be a medic. I will work in the oil patch. This job requests several tickets, such as Level Three First Aid, H2S, etc. But the disadvantage is people who work in the oil patch have to stay in the camp for 6-10 days. They can’t go home every day. That is what I don’t agree with. Fortunately, the pay is really good, so this option is on my top list.

The last option actually matches my personal style. I love to wear fancy dress. My few friends always say, “You should work at an office.” Even my mum wants me to work in the office because she was an administrator. She wanted me working in the office. At the time, my family moves with me. I will have time to look after my daughter. However, I still need to upgrade my personal skills. For example, improve my typing skill, my English writing skill, and communication skill. That is the reason why I am studying English in NLC now.

These options are my targets. I want to spend all my available time to upgrade my personal skills, and do as much as I can. I think it doesn’t matter which offer I will get, I will be so happy with that because this will be my other milestone. I try my best even though I might fail all of them. I still wouldn’t be disappointed. I will be working harder. I will give myself and my family a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment