Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Book Review: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

By Masami Taguchi

The title is "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." It was written by Arthur Conan Doyle. This story is very famous. It takes place in London, England.

The main characters are Holmes, who is a great detective, and Dr. Watson, who is Holmes’ assistant and the narrator of the story. The book has four chapters. Each chapter tells about crime. Holmes infers and solves a lot of crimes, and Dr. Watson helps him to solve a crime without realizing it.

Chapter One tells about a secret message. It is my favorite chapter. Holmes found the key of the secret message easily, and he solved the secret message. After that, I guessed the suspect. Then he found a suspect.

I recommend this book. I was deeply absorbed in reading this book because it is interesting and I read it easily. I was impressed with this sentence in the book: “Every problem becomes very simple when you understand it.” I was satisfied with this sentence.

1 comment:

  1. Masami,

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts (once again!) on the book that you read. Sherlock Holmes had a great mind for figuring out things. He always used logic.

    ReplyDelete